Friday 5 March 2021

Book Blogger Hop

 


This is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer! Hop over to their page to grab a button and join in the fun!

This week's question:

How have books changed you the most? 

Oh interesting question.. hmm. I mean books are of course a means of escaping my real life and getting lost in the worlds of different characters. It's always been nice to pretend I'm the heroine in a book, going on daring adventures, falling in love, saving the world. Books are my happiness I suppose.. which is so cliche lol but true! I always know that no matter how crappy my day has been, I can come home to a really good book. On the downside, I think books have made my idea of a perfect relationship slightly flawed. Obviously I know, rationally, that a romance depicted in a novel is definitely NOT how romance is in real life... but I always catch myself wondering why life can't be just as perfect! (Here's to hoping my boyfriend never reads this haha!) 
And in a more practical sense, books have drastically improved my vocabulary lol! I can't tell you the number of times I have adopted new words into my everyday life because I picked it up in a book :) 
Fun fact: My very first gift came to me when I was literally just born and still in the hospital - it was a picture book :) Curious George! 


How about you guys?! 






3 comments:

  1. Reading has most certainly improved my vocabulary and, to some extent, my grammar (though that still isn't perfect!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I imagine myself right there in the novels I read too. I like to escape into books as well--especially when real life is just too crazy. It forces me to slow down in addition to stepping outside my own reality for awhile.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious George is awesome! :) And I agree so much- especially with vocabulary. I've picked up so many words from reading!

    ReplyDelete