Thursday 24 February 2022

Imagine Me by Tahereh Mafi Book Review

 

Title: Imagine Me (Shatter Me #6)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publish Date: March 31st, 2020
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Purchased my own copy!

The explosive finale to the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Shatter Me series.

Juliette Ferrars.

Ella Sommers.

Which is the truth and which is the lie?

Now that Ella knows who Juliette is and what she was created for, things have only become more complicated. As she struggles to understand the past that haunts her and looks to a future more uncertain than ever, the lines between right and wrong—between Ella and Juliette—blur. And with old enemies looming, her destiny may not be her own to control.

The day of reckoning for the Reestablishment is coming. But she may not get to choose what side she fights on.

Penelope's Review

Whew. Explosive finale indeed. I know there is a TON of mixed reviews on this book, but honestly I thought it was pretty great! Couple things I would have liked to see that I didn't but overall... I'm not mad! Please don't read further in this review if you haven't read up to the fifth book!! No spoilers for THIS book but there is for the other books!

So in Defy Me, we had Juliette and Warner kidnapped by Juliette's parents, but they are both remembering the past (despite them trying to wipe Juliette's mind) thanks to Emmaline. The book ends with them escaping, Juliette and Warner are back on amazing terms (THANK GOD), he wants to marry her, and they have a surprise birthday party for him! Woohoo! All is good in the world. 

Lol. NOPE! Imagine Me dives RIGHT into the action basically from page one. We get more information about Emmaline and what she wants and what's going on with her, we get alot more Kenji which is awesome! (though I would have liked a bit more on him and Nazeera). Unfortunately we don't have Warner's point of view for this book, which was super sad but he's still a main character - just seen through Kenji's eyes which was actually an interesting point of view. I just think it would have been a fantastic read to see what was going through his head during this one. Phew, it would've been a rollercoaster lol. Anyway! 

I feel like the book moved along at a fast pace which was great - there's so much going on that there's no time to be bored! I did feel like the ending was a bit rushed, as every other review has said lol. It's true - I had maybe 40-50 pages left and I was like how is this going to end?? There's still so much I don't know!!! Ahh!! Very stressful indeed. I would've liked a slightly different ending, but overall I was alright with it.

I will forever love Juliette and Warner, they are absolutely one of my all-time favorite book couples. I also read this entire series TOGETHER rather than the first three like 10 years ago and the next three now so I think that may have alot to do with m higher opinion of the finale. I recommend reading all 6 books one after the other :) Overall, fantastic series! So sad that it's over!

Rating: 4/5 Devils!




1 comment: