Saturday 12 February 2022

Defy Me by Tahereh Mafi Book Review

 

Title: Defy Me (Shatter Me #5)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publish Date: April 2nd, 2019
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Purchased a copy for myself!

The gripping fifth installment in the New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling Shatter Me series. Will Juliette’s broken heart make her vulnerable to the strengthening darkness within her?

Juliette’s short tenure as the supreme commander of North America has been an utter disaster. When the children of the other world leaders show up on her doorstep, she wants nothing more than to turn to Warner for support and guidance. But he shatters her heart when he reveals that he’s been keeping secrets about her family and her identity from her—secrets that change everything.

Juliette is devastated, and the darkness that’s always dwelled within her threatens to consume her. An explosive encounter with unexpected visitors might be enough to push her over the edge.


Penelope's Review

Holy. My mind can't even cope with all of these revelations and twists and turns and surprises. Seriously. This series is INSANE. Literally insane. This time around, the book is told from Juliette, Warner, and Kenji's point of view!! So exciting! I have loved Kenji from the moment we first met him and it was so fantastic to get some time exploring his inner thoughts.

This book is just mind-blowing. Seriously. Despite learning about some things in Restore Me, I still didn't see everything we learned in Defy Me coming. I finished this book in a day, which is both exciting and sad because I only have one book left in the series. I hope this all ends well.

Also, I absolutely adored the ending to this book. Everything about it was absolute perfection. There's really not much more I can say about this without giving anything away so I'll leave it here. I will say that I found this book an amazing addition to the series and  my fingers are crossed so hard that the last book brings me just as much excitement and ends the series in a good way.

Rating: 5/5 Devils!





No comments:

Post a Comment