Sunday 6 February 2022

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi Book Review

 

Title: Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publish Date: February 4th, 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Purchased a copy for myself!

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.



Penelope's Review

Tahereh Mafi has not ceased to amaze me. Unlike some series, the Shatter Me series seems to get BETTER with each installment that comes out. I'm not bored, I'm not slowing down, I just want more. And more. AND MORE. So if you've read my reviews for Shatter Me and/or Unravel Me then you know that I started this series back in high school - I thought that I read the first three but I can say with almost 100% certainty that I have never read this book before. Which is amazing. Because I did not know what was going to happen, and everything. Was. EPIC. Ignite Me brings stronger character development, brilliant writing, and what is quickly becoming my favorite love story of all time. 

Now because I am obviously reading and reviewing this book in 2022, I am well aware that the series does not end with this book as it was originally supposed to. Therefore, it's a bit difficult for me to say how I feel about the ending if it had been the finale. I think I would have been satisfied, but also sad that Juliette and Warner's story had come to an end. I think I would have felt like I didn't have enough time with them you know what I mean? But thankfully, it is 2022 and I've already got the fourth book flipped to the front page, ready to go! 😂 So moving on!

Juliette is BADASS in this book. Like holy smokes where did all this confidence come from?! I am LIVING for it. I have always loved Juliette as a character - but I think she was portrayed perfectly in this book. Her journey has been written in such a way that I feel like I've grown with her, and I love that connection. Warner has become front and center in my eyes. The man can do no wrong. Seriously. If he wants to kill someone in the name of protecting me... go for it. I will forever be in love with him. I love his love for Juliette. It's just so... raw and powerful. The kind of love every girl deserves. I look forward to seeing where this relationship goes, and how it grows. 

Once again, we have an outstanding storyline. Once again, I was not bored for a second. And once again, I flew threw the pages in a matter of a day or two. There is just something about this world, and these characters, that Tahereh has poured her heart and soul into that has me feeling all sorts of ways. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - amazing author, amazing writing skills, amazing stories. I hope the next three books bring just as much passion and strength as this book has and as the previous two have. 10/10 recommend this series to those both young and old.

Rating: 5/5 Devils!





No comments:

Post a Comment