Tuesday 4 January 2022

2021 Book Challenge Wrap Up + 2022 Book Challenges!

 Hi everyone! I was hoping to get this post up on the 1st, but as usual, I'm late lol! So in 2021, I got back into blogging and I think it went really well! Overall, I posted 205 blog posts! I also participated in 2 book challenges, the 2021 New Release Challenge, and the 2021 Beat the Backlist Challenge. Let's see how I did!


So, this challenge was hosted by Unconventional Bookworms and they are hosting again this year so be sure to go sign up! My goal for this challenge was 25 books, and I ended up completing 64!! Woohoo! Officially a 2021 New Release Veteran lol! 


The second challenge I participated in was hosted by Austine Decker! She is also hosting again this year so be sure to sign up! My goal for this challenge was also 25 books but unfortunately I really slacked with this one and only read 11 books :( I'm hoping to really step it up this year because I have a whole stack of TBR books lol! 

If you'd like to see a list of all the books I read for these challenges, check it out here: 2021 Book Challenges

Ok now let's talk 2022 challenges!!

So I've decided to add a couple more this year, since I did fairly well on last year's. 

1. 2022 New Release Challenge hosted by Unconventional Bookworms. My goal for this challenge is 65 books, New Release Veteran!
2. 2022 Beat the Backlist Challenge hosted by Austine Decker. My goal for this challenge is 25 books again! Let's see if I can do it this time!
3. Finish the Series Challenge hosted by Celebrity Readers. This is my first time participating in this challenge so I'm setting my goal at a C-list series finisher which means I'm commiting to finishing 1-4 series. A couple I have in mind is the Shatter Me series (started in high school, never finished), Red Queen series (can't remember when I started it but many years ago), and more recently, the Throne of Glass series which I started last year and then put down. 
4. 2022 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge hosted by The Intrepid Reader. This is also the first time I'm joining this challenge but I absolutely LOVE historical romance so I'm going to set my goal at Ancient History - 25 books. I'm hoping to do more, but we'll see how it goes!
5. 2022 NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge hosted by Socrates Book Reviews. This is my first time participating, but I'm setting my goal at Gold - 50 books. 
6. 2022 Book Blogger Support Challenge hosted by Pages Unbound. This challenge has a new prompt each month geared towards supporting book bloggers! I can't wait to start this challenge and support those in this wonderful community!

And that's it! Those are the challenges I have chosen for 2022! Here is a link to the page where I will be updating my progress for each of these challenges as the year goes on: 2022 Book Challenges 
I also just want to give a quick shout out to GirlXOXO for posting a master list of 2022 book challenges!

Have a great 2022 everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the NetGalley and Edelweiss challenge. I hope you have fun and read many great books. Enjoy and good luck!

    ReplyDelete