Wednesday 23 June 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday #22

 


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released.

Hi everyone! This week I stumbled across a book on NetGalley that's coming out at the end of this year called Sienna. It sounded so cool I couldn't resist requesting it, and I just got approved! My only concern is that reviews so far have not been great... I believe there are 4 from reviewers on Goodreads, all of which are three stars or less. Have you guys seen/heard of this one yet? I hope it's not as terrible as the reviews say... I've decided to give it a try for myself! 



Title: Sienna
Author: J.F. Jones
Publish Date: December 1st, 2021
Publisher: Ingram

I live in a world of chaos.

A world divided between humans and cyborgs.

A world where girls are snatched off the streets to become Marked Ones, their bodies inked with names and images. And now, now I am one of them.

I've been sold to a man called the Master. A notorious Hunter who kills cyborgs. I'm in the claws of the most feared man, trapped in a mansion with six other girls just like me.

I will find the way to escape this nightmare. To run from this world full of torture and death. And the Master's son, Ero, is going to help me. He'll help me save myself as well as the other girls. I will break the cage I'm trapped in, save the girl I'm falling in love with and destroy the evil that inhabits these four walls.

One way or another, I will be free. Even if it means becoming the worst monster of them all.



 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Sienna is badass, and I already want to know how she escapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great premise! I can see why you want to read it! I hope you love it when you read it, Penelope.

    Not every book will be a good fit for everyone and perhaps those readers who rated it low were not the best audience for this one. I've run into this before myself for books I was excited to read. I try not to let the negative reviews and ratings get to me, but sometimes I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete