Thursday 2 September 2021

All of Us Villains by Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman Book Review

 

Title: All of Us Villains
Author: Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman
Publish Date: November 9th, 2021
Publisher: Tor Teen
Source: Huge thank you to Raincoast Books for the ARC for review!

The blockbuster co-writing debut of Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman, All of Us Villains begins a dark tale of ambition and magick...

You Fell In Love With The Victors of The Hunger Games.

Now Prepare To Meet The Villains of The Blood Veil.

After the publication of a salacious tell-all book, the remote city of Ilvernath is thrust into worldwide spotlight. Tourists, protesters, and reporters flock to its spellshops and ruins to witness an ancient curse unfold: every generation, seven families name a champion among them to compete in a tournament to the death. The winner awards their family exclusive control over the city’s high magick supply, the most powerful resource in the world.

In the past, the villainous Lowes have won nearly every tournament, and their champion is prepared to continue his family’s reign. But this year, thanks to the influence of their newfound notoriety, each of the champions has a means to win. Or better yet--a chance to rewrite their story.

But this is a story that must be penned in blood.

Penelope's Review

THE HUNGER GAMES BUT WITH VILLAINS?! AND MAGIC?! OMG I cannot explain my excitement when I saw this book! And I wasn't disappointed!

This book is chock full of cool, unique characters and a super neat take on magic. The world building was incredible - I felt like I was in the game with these characters, feeling their emotions, and experiencing their environment. This is the first book I have read by either of these authors, but if this is their writing style then I'm very excited to see what else they have! 

While this book wasn't exactly what I expected going in, I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. The only thing I would say is that the characters weren't really villains. I thought maybe there would be more backstabbing, evil deeds, etc. but I'm not super upset about this given how much I liked the characters. That being said, things seemed to be taking a turn near the end there, so I'm interested to see what's going to happen in the next book!

Overall, I thought this book was full of adventure, intrigue, awesome magic, and an awesome plot. I liked the pace of the book, and have no complaints about the structure of the game. Looking forward to the next installment!

Rating: 4/5 Devils!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment