Monday 4 July 2022

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han Book Review!

 

Title: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3)
Author: Jenny Han
Publish Date: April 26th, 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Taken from my sister's bookshelf!

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college—only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.


Penelope's Review

This is it. The end of summer... Ugh I was crying at the end of this book simply because it's all over. And I am sad. BUT that won't stop me from writing a glowing review for this fantastic book! Because it really was... this whole series just touches something special in my heart. I can't quite put into words what it means... but it just brings all of my hopes and dreams and way of looking at life as a 16 year old kid right to the forefront and I love it. Sigh. Anyway let's get on with it!

So in this book we have fast-forwarded by two years and Belly is in her first year of college! Despite the way the second book ended, this book starts with Belly and Jeremiah together. I am firmly Team Conrad so I was a little miffed at this development lol! But I like the back and forth in the timeline so that we slowly piece together what happened between Belly and Conrad and how Belly and Jeremiah ended up together. The whole book is an absolute whirlwind of emotions, and we get so much from the love triangle that we haven't previously seen. It was all so, so epic.

The writing is great, as per usual. As I've said in previous reviews, I really like how Jenny Han is able to channel the reality of characters at the age she writes them. In other words, it doesn't sound like an adult trying to speak college freshman... it just sounds like a college freshman! Overall, this is such a fantastic book and an even more fantastic series. I love the twists and turns this book takes, and I'm happy with the ending, though of course sad that it's over. The great thing abut summer though, is that even though it always comes to an end... there's always another summer right around the corner.

Rating: 5/5 Devils!





2 comments:

  1. I'm really scared that I'm too old for this series right now, not that I'm soooooo old but my reading tastes are a bit different as well.
    I've read them 6 years ago.
    So I'm not going to re-read this series, because I will be that only person on the internet that will not like it, I think, lol.

    I'm so glad that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha honestly I felt the same way!! My younger sister kept pestering me to read them and I kept telling her they were books for teenagers and I wasn't going to like them - she finally convinced me when the TV show came out and I'm glad I read them! Obviously teenagers are going to get something different out of the series, but as an adult, it just made me miss how exciting summers were when I was a kid lol!

      Delete