Sunday 10 July 2022

Stealing Infinity by Alyson Noel Book Review!

 

Title: Stealing Infinity (Stolen Beauty #1)
Author: Alyson Noel
Publish Date: June 28th, 2022
Publisher: Entangled Teen 
Source: Huge thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a review copy!


These days, I’ve been killing it when it comes to letting people down. Now I’ve been kicked out of high school, arrested, and accepted into a remote, off-the-grid school owned and operated by an inscrutable billionaire tech guru.

Gray Wolf Academy is looking for a certain kind of student. Ones that no one will miss. Like me.

Then there’s Braxton. The beautiful, oddly anachronistic guy who showed up right when the trouble started. And he’s a total enigma—which means that I definitely can’t trust him, even if there’s something about him that makes me want to.

They all tell me I have a gift. A very rare gift. And Gray Wolf Academy wants me to learn it. To use it. Because if what they say is true, I have all the time in the world.

And that makes me the most dangerous high school student you’ll never know…


Penelope's Review

Time travel, teen angst, and a hidden "boarding" school run by a billionaire? Yea, I'll sign up for that! Lol! Alyson Noel is back with a new young adult series that follows Natasha as she is swept up in a world of intrigue, mystery, and of course, time travel!

Natasha's life has been up-ended, and nothing will ever be the same. She has been whisked away to an off-the-grid school that goes a little beyond teaching your basic math and science courses. I liked Natasha as a female lead - her reactions are pretty realistic and I like that she stands up for herself and doesn't let petty drama get in the way of her standing out. The romance with Braxton kind of took me by surprise... it happened super fast and honestly... I wasn't really feeling it. It just lacked the chemistry and connection that should have been jumping off the page. There seems to be another love interest at the end of the book, however, that I am MUCH more excited to see play out... My fingers are crossed for that one because there is some serious potential for that match.

The side characters were pretty good - Elodie was your basic mean girl with daddy issues, but played the part well. There seems to be some hints toward some layers with the girl, but we'll see how her character pans out in the next book. Arthur Blackstone is a billionaire with an agenda, but his love of art shines through. 

I feel like this was a good book, but a bit on the slower side. There are bursts of activity and excitement and the combination of time travel, numerology, astrology, tarot, art, and so on was very cool to read about. But I didn't get that "can't put it down" feeling. That said, I think the way this book paves the way for the second, shows great potential for the rest of the series. I think alot is going to happen in the next book and I think it's going to be much faster-paced. Looking forward to continuing the series!

Rating: 3.5/5 Devils!






2 comments:

  1. I love books that are a bit slower, but this boarding school thingy sounds a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete