Tuesday 24 May 2022

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas Book Review!

 

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publish Date: May 3rd, 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: Purchased my own copy!

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

Penelope's Review

OMG. I literally can't even with this series.... I thought the first book was good. Great. Fantastic even! But this book? This book blows the first book out of the water! Holy shit it has everything I need and want in a book - absolutely amazing characters, great plot, great writing, adventure, growth, romance, tension, and so on. You name it, this book has it! Yet again, I come here to say - Sarah J. Maas is so NOT overrated in my opinion. This series deserves ALL the hype.

So let's start with characters. I am LOVING Feyre yet again here - the growth, the maturity, the range of emotions... all so, so good. She really comes into her own here, realizing who she is, what she wants, and what she needs. Yes, she has some help in getting there but she does most of the grunt work. Honestly, when the inevitable Feyre/Rhys drama unfolded (you know, the scene where the main couple discovers something about the other that makes them storm away and stop speaking to the other) I was like oh here we go. Another completely over-dramatic, unrealistic way of handling things. But it DIDN'T TURN OUT LIKE THAT! Feyre realized what he had done wrong, and realized what she had done wrong, and was just so completely adult about the whole thing! I loved the maturity, it just made the conflict seem so much more realistic.

Rhysand... oh Rhys. I am a die-hard fan. Forever and always. I thought I was Team Tamlin... though I did have some doubts even in the first book... but now I'm like Tamlin who??? GIVE ME RHYS! And we get Rhys.... boy oh boy do we ever get Rhys... SUCH a well-written character. Honestly, he's just so perfect. Ugh, I love it. 

And all of our side characters? I genuinely love every single one. They are all so MEMORABLE! Which is really rare honestly, usually I only really remember the main characters and maybe one or two supporting characters... but this book gives stellar qualities to each and every one of them. Mor, Cassian, Azriel, Lucien, Amren, etc. There's so many characters and yet they are all written really well. I think Maas' strength really lies in her ability to write excellent characters!

Anyway, in terms of plot - amazing. I FLEW through this book, not a signle page had me slowing down, or bored in any way. I needed to know what was going to happen next at ALL times. And that ending?! Dear God I didn't even know what to do with myself... so I picked up ACOWAR and kept reading lmao! But seriously, I can't say enough good things about this. Excellent series, only two books in and already taking a spot in my top 5 faves.

Rating: 5/5 Devils!







No comments:

Post a Comment