Sunday 29 May 2022

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas Book Review!

 

Title: A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publish Date: May 2nd, 2017
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: Purchased my own copy!

FEYRE WILL BRING VENGEANCE.

She has left the Night Court - and her High Lord - and is playing a deadly game of deceit. In the Spring Court, Tamlin is making deals with the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees, and Feyre is determined to uncover his plans. But to do so she must weave a web of lies, and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As mighty armies grapple for power, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords - and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

BUT WHILE WAR RAGES, IT IS HER HEART THAT WILL FACE THE GREATEST BATTLE.

Penelope's Review

Wow... yet another 5 star read. That's three for three with this series lol! Usually, even with a really fantastic series, I find that there's a 4 star in there somewhere.. but so far these books are KILLING it. I will say that I was a little iffy at the start - it was a bit on the slow side, and I felt myself going into "meh..." mode.. and then BOOM. Book saved lol. 

So this book is all about the battle - Hybern's forces are ready to go and the good guys are struggling to get a leg up. Alot of strategy, war talk, etc. in this one (and mayyyybbeeee it couldv'e been a slightly shorter book) but I'm still happy with it! Feyre is her usual strong, independent, badass self. Rhysand is sweet, loyal, and willing to sacrifice anything and everything to save his family. And then we have all of our LOVELY side characters - Nesta and Elain, Mor, Cassian, and Azriel, Amren and Lucien, and so on. I love that Maas has so many characters and yet each and every one of them is so distinct and unique. I never struggle to recall someone's name or their purpose - I know them all and love all of their different personalities.

In terms of plot, there is SO MUCH that goes on in this book... obviously I won't go into detail to avoid spoilers (for all of the readers who are late to the game like me lol!) but I'l just say that the revelations and twists and turns this book takes are INSANE. The last half of this book is definitely a page-turner. We don't leave off on any kind of cliff-hanger so I actually wasn't sure where this series was going, but it looks like we are switching gears in the next book and Nesta is taking center stage! I'm SO excited to get into her head lol I feel like she's going to be such a dynamic character. Anyway! This book was amazing, this series is amazing, and I will forever be a Sarah J. Maas fan. See you guys for the next one!

Rating: 5/5 Devils!





2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more on the characters.
    The 3.5 book is really fun and cute to read as well! I love everything SJM, I finished A Court of Silver Flames last week and had such a huge hangover that I binged ACOTAR in 1 day.

    ACOMAF is my favorite in this series so far, especially the final sentence :) But I do think ACOSF is up there with it!

    I hope you'll enjoy it just as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I can't wait to read the novella! I have to get a few reviews done first but then I am diving right back in lol! I'm glad to hear it's a good read! And of course I CAN'T WAIT for ACOSF!!! So excited!

      Delete