Tuesday 6 July 2021

To Tempt a Scandalous Lord by Liana De la Rosa Book Review

 

Title: To Tempt a Scandalous Lord
Author: Liana De La Rosa
Publish Date: June 21st, 2021
Publisher: Entangled - Amara
Source: Huge thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy for review!

Alicia Lindsay, the dowager Countess Lindsay, has spent her life under the dominion of men—leered at, yes, but ultimately silenced and cast aside. But widowhood has granted her the freedom to voice her critiques against injustices in articles that have enraptured the nation. Resolved to bring about political change, Alicia's investigation of the newest party candidates leads her to the captivating, hardheaded Lord Inverray. She's unprepared when he proves to be not only charming but chivalrous when a slight wardrobe malfunction—with all eyes of the ton upon them—forces her to accept his proposal. Now, she’s keeping a huge secret from her soon-to-be-husband.

Niall Campbell, Marquess of Inverray, has spent years finding support for numerous legislations to help his fellow Scots. Now, poised to grasp the party leadership, his success has been threatened by some anonymous articles critiquing his campaign. Niall vows to find the author and silence them, no matter the cost. But when he finds himself engaged to an alluring widow with a sharp tongue, his plans get derailed in more ways than one...

Penelope's Review

This is the first book I have read by this author and I'm so happy I had the chance to read her work! I will definitely be on the lookout for her other titles. To Tempt a Scandalous Lord follows Alicia, a delightfully intelligent female lead with an abundance of wit and charm, as she fights to bring about political change through her anonymous critiques. We also have Niall, our rational and detail-oriented male lead who is running for Prime Minister and has no room for distractions outside of his political course. 

In terms of historical romances, I am thoroughly impressed with how unique this storyline was. Not only was I able to enjoy a fictional read with lots of romance, but I was also educated on the political world at the time the book is set in! I found the level of research and detail presented throughout this book absolutely extraordinary, and I love how seamlessly the author was able to blend fact with fiction. 

I also could not have asked for better character development. Niall went from a male lead that I was unsure could be redeemed to someone I absolutely loved and was rooting for. I loved his respect for Alicia's opinions and the political conversations between them kept me turning the pages as fast as I could! Really fantastic romance aspect, they are definitely one of my favorite couples. 

Overall, I found this book to be unique and well-researched, with an incredible female lead and great development of the male lead. I recommend giving this book a try as well as anything else this author comes out with! Now I am off to get my hands on the other books in this series lol!

Rating: 5/5 Devils!





No comments:

Post a Comment