Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Fateful Review

Summary: Eighteen-year-old maid Tess Davies is determined to escape the wealthy, troubled family she serves. It's 1912, and Tess has been trapped in the employ of the Lisles for years, amid painful memories and twisted secrets. But now the Lisle family is headed to America, with Tess in tow. Once the ship they're sailing on--the RMS "Titanic"--reaches its destination, Tess plans to strike out and create a new life for herself.

Her single-minded focus shatters when she meets Alec, a handsome first-class passenger who captivates her instantly. But Alec has secrets of his own. He's in a hurry to leave Europe, and whispers aboard the ship say it's because of the tragic end of his last affair with the French actress who died so gruesomely and so mysteriously. . . .

Soon Tess will learn just how dark Alec's past truly is. The danger they face is no ordinary enemy: werewolves exist and are stalking him--and now her, too. Her growing love for Alec will put Tess in mortal peril, and fate will do the same before their journey on the "Titanic" is over.

In "Fateful," "New York Times" bestselling author Claudia Gray delivers paranormal adventure, dark suspense, and alluring romance set against the opulent backdrop of the "Titanic"'s first--and last--voyage.


Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

Review: I've been wanting to read Fateful ever since a friend of mine told me how good it was - and I finally got the chance to! Boy am I glad I finally got around to it... it was amazing! It made me laugh, cry, simmer with anger, and swoon with all of the passion within its pages. It was written perfectly and I wouldn't change a thing about it!

It's been awhile since I've read a book that I couldn't put down so this was a real treat for me. It was exciting from front to back with not a boring spot to be found. The characters were lively and energetic with a multitude of problems that just made the book that much more interesting. The plot was unique with a daring mixture of the supernatural and history, but it ended up working out better than I ever imagined it could!

Tess Davies and Alec Marlowe were a great match as the hero and heroine of the story. They both had enough spunk to liven up the story but they also had their vulnerable moments when we got to really see them as people. I found them to be a great match that only enhanced and never hindered this book. There was also the other minor characters such as Miss Irene, Ned, Lady Regina, Myriam, George, and Mikhail. Some kind, some evil, all of these characters played a great role in Fateful. They each had their own personalities and quirks that really kept this book going.

And then we have the backdrop to the whole story - The Titanic. Reading this book made me really and truly understand what it must have been like for all of those thousands of people so long ago. And I'm not just talking about what you learn in history class - reading the way Claudia explained in detail what happened as the ship went down and describing the absolute panic and gut-wrenching fear that so many people faced in the face of death was heartbreaking. That was the part that made me cry - the part where I really understood, to the best of my ability of course, what must have happened to all of those aboard the Titanic.

Overall, Fateful was an absolutely amazing book that I would recommend to anyone who can read! It's mix of the Titanic and werewolves is truly different and unique and I loved every second of it! Congratulations to miss Claudia Gray for writing such an outstanding novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment