Monday, 5 December 2011

The Pineville Heist Review

Summary:  Will Aaron Stevens survive the night of the Pineville Heist?

Seventeen year old Aaron stumbles into the aftermath of a five million dollar bank heist gone wrong. Hiding under a canoe, Aaron partially catches the murder of one of the robbers. In the chaos he sneaks away with the money and heads straight for the closest place of safety, his high school. Terrified, Aaron tells his shocking tale to Amanda Becker, his drama teacher, but it doesn’t take long for one of the psychotic robbers to show up. In the locked down school the pair are relentlessly pursued in a quest to get the money back and wipe out the evidence.

The Pineville Heist, based on the award-winning screenplay by Lee Chambers and Todd Gordon, "is a young adult thriller with a slick plot, believable characters, and a breakneck pace that will no doubt appeal to adults as much as teens," noted Walleye Magazine's Amy Jones. "An enthusiatic five stars!"

"The Pineville Heist is the very definition of thrill, energized with edge-of-your-seat action and suspense!" claims US Review of Books reviewer Mihir Shah.

Follow movie and book news at http://www.pinevilleheist.com/.



Rating: ♥♥♥♥
Cover: 3/5 I'm not a huge fan of animated covers, but it's perfect for the story besides that.

Review: Wow. Well this definitely gives shocking, gut-twisting, nerve-racking books a whole new meaning! My stomach was wound so tight it hurt to breathe! The entire way through was exciting and full of bloody action :p I couldn't figure out for the life of me who was beind the heist until it was right in front of my face. And when I did find out, I couldn't believe it! But the excitrement doesn't stop there. Just when I thought the mystery was solved... well, let's just say I was sadly mistaken. :p

So, on to characters. I thought all the cgaracters were great! No matter how good or bad they were, I thought they all fit in the storyline perfectly. I loved the main character, Aaron. His emotions were written beautifully. I felt everything he was feeling - his terror, pain, uncertainty, and distress. He was perfect for the story.

Overall, teh book was fast-paced and super exciting! From front to back I was always entertained. An amazing mystery thriller, I encourage all to try The Pineville Heist! A huge thank you to Lee CHambers for such a masterpiece! :p

1 comment:

  1. WOW says it all! The Pineville Heist is a fast-paced, adrenaline rush of a read. All the twists and turns kept me hooked too. Totally awesome!!! There's also a competition with the chance of winning a $100 in gift cards or signed copies of the novel :).

    Simple as, all you need to do is:

    Purchase the e-book (0.99cents), review it on Amazon and "Like" The Pineville Heist on Facebook (a great way to keep up with the goss on the movie).

    For more info check out:

    http://thesimpledude.com/2011/11/win-100-and-get-to-read-a-great-book/

    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Pineville-Heist/137041809711681

    ReplyDelete