Monday, 7 November 2011

Bloodlines Review

Summary: When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.


Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Cover: 4/5 The tattoo is cool :p

Review: Well let me start off by saying wow. This book was amazing! I was so nervous of what the turnout would be because alot of people said they just didn't like it. So I, of course, decided to read it and find out for myself... and boy am I happy I did :D

When reading the Vampire Academy series, Sydney made an appearance. I'll be honest, I wasn't very fond of her. I found it difficult to relate to her character and just didn't find her all that interesting - I was too wrapped up in Rose who definitely outshone Sydney. But in Bloodline, you see a whole other side to Sydney! She was sarcastic, funny, strong - everything a good character is :D And she was also alot more relatable. I found that alot of the situations she had been in in the past and what she was going through in the present, were something that normal teenagers could connect with and understand. (Minus the whole vampire angle of course :p)

Besides Sydney, however, there was also Adrian Ivashkov!!!! :D I don't know about you, but I was totally Team Adrian in VA :p So when I found out that he was a main character in this book, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. He was amazing! His character was hot, sweet, sarcastic, and everything else that comes with Adrian :p Needless to say, he was amazing :D

This book was great, however, not only for its characters but for its plot, action, and secrets! It was full of excitement and the end just about killed me! Like seriously, my whole body was rigid in anticipation while reading the last of the book. Youw ould not believe what is revealed and what happens because of that revelation - trust me it will leave you breathless for more!

Overall, this book was absolutely fantastic! Full of action, toe-tingling romance :p, graphic violence adn lots more! :D Seriously, I suggest you ignore all reviews and just read it to see for yourself - I doubt you will be disappointed :p 

No comments:

Post a Comment