Sunday, 23 October 2011

Entwined Review

Summary:  Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

Rating: ♥♥♥♥
Cover: 5/5 I am just totally in love with this cover! I didn't even know anything about this book when I picked it up, I just wanted to read it because I was so drawn by the gorgeous cover :D

Review: So this was a retelling of the story The 12 Dancing Princesses, adn I thought Heather Dixon did an amazing job! It was totally unique yet still following the original plot to some extent... very creative that's for sure :p

I thought it was so cool how the 12 girls are all named after flowers, and they are all in alphabetical order! and ok I know this could be a total waste of time but here are their ames from oldest to youngest: Azalea (my favorite :p) Bramble, Clover, Delphinium, Evening Primrose (Eve), Flora, Goldenrod, Hollyhock (Holli), Ivy, Jessamine, Kale, and Lily. So cool right?? :p I think my top two favorite names are Azalea and Jessamine. ANyway, Azalea was the main character and she did a fantastic job! After the mother passed away, Azalea took on the role of substitute mother which, to 11 younger siblings, is abviously pretty tough. But she pulled through and does an amazing job of it! :p

So after the mother dies, the palace goes into mourning - this means all clothing is died black, all drapery is pulled over the windows and the king and princesses are not allowed outside unless it is for Royal Business. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?? But they just can't stop dancing so they find a place where they can continue - and meet Mr. Keeper. He isn't what he seems so be forewarned :/ But then there is Mr. Bradford! Oh he is so cute! The entire book i was wishing and hoping that he would end up with Azalea! You gotta read teh book to see if  my wish comes true :p muaha.

The plot, as I said before, was amazing! There were so many twists and turns that you can't help but become Entwined in all the secrets! haha sry had to say that :p Overall, this book was a great read! I actually finished the entire thing in 1 day :D So give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment