Thursday, 20 October 2011

Bargains and Betrayals Review

Summary: Locked away at Pecan Place, Jessie finds her situation to be even more dangerous than she feared. While she struggles to maintain her sanity and discover answers about the group that seems less and less like any legitimate government agency, Pietr fights to keep their relationship alive. But very aware that his mother’s time is running out, Pietr makes a deal he doesn’t dare tell Jessie about. Because the deal Pietr’s made could mean the death of far more than his tenuous relationship with the girl he loves.

Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Cover: 4/5 I really like theses covers :p The eye in the background of each of them is really neat.

Review: Oh. My. Gosh. This book was unbelievable! Holy Crap! It was full of blood, guts, love , and action!! It was so awesome!

Lol ok now that my mini-rant is over, here's the real review.

So first things first - the action. There was definitely no shortage. There were people exploding, people dying, blood everywhere - let me tell you, if you get queasy over blood, you may have to skim over some parts :p Also, it was great how the action was straight through. There was some from beginning to endbut instead of it being overkill, it made the book that much more amazing!

And then there's all the characters. Jesse and Pietr! Ohmygoodness I absolutely love them! They are honestly one of my favorite book couples ever and in Bargains and Betrayals, the tests and doubts their love goes through... it had me jumping in my seat, convinced they weren't going to last! But they managed to pull through again and again. It was so sad every time Pietr fell into one of his bouts of self-doubt, but I loved that Jess was there for him, convincing him otherwise every time. :) Seriously, it almost made me cry when they were oh so sweet to each other :D

And then there was Amy and Max. Max, who was such a player before he met Amy and fell in love :p I loved how you got to see a different side to him in this book. His love for Amy really changed him - definitely for the better. He's so protective of her too... especially when it comes to Marvin. And let me tell you - there is some Marvin in this book. But other than that, it's just really great how you get to see the characters of Max and Amy grow as their relationship strengthens.

There are a few other characters that we see more of as well. Alex, Cat, Annabelle Lee, Wanda, "Mother" (of Pietr, Cat, and Alex), and Jess and Anna's dad are just a few of the characters that played a role in making this book as great as it is.

Overall though, the plot itself was just downright amazing! There was never a point where I was bored or I felt the book was lacking. It was exciting and surprising on every  page the whole way through! If you haven't had a chance to read the series yet, I strongly suggest you put it at the top of your to-read list - you won't be disappointed :D

No comments:

Post a Comment