Friday, 9 September 2011

The Vampire Diaries: The Return Midnight Review

Summary:       The devil you know . . .
With the help of charming and devious Damon, Elena rescued her vampire love, Stefan, from the depths of the Dark Dimension. But neither brother returned unscathed.
Stefan is weak from his long imprisonment and needs more blood than Elena alone can give him, while a strange magic has turned Damon into a human. Savage and desperate, Damon will do anything to become a vampire again, even travel back to hell. But what will happen when he accidentally takes Bonnie with him?
Stefan and Elena hurry to rescue their innocent friend from the Dark Dimension, leaving Matt and Meredith to save their hometown from the dangerous spirits that have taken hold of Fell's Church. One by one, children are succumbing to demonic designs. But Matt and Meredith soon discover that the source of the evil is darker and closer than they ever could have imagined. . .

Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Cover: 3/5 although the book is phenominal, the cover just doesnt do it enough justice :(

Review: Well this is another addition to the vampire diaries series and let me tell you, it has totally kept up if not exceeded the excitement of the previous books! :D
As with alot of a books, I found the beginning just a bit on the slow side... there was still lots happening, but I just found that it was not as breathtaking as usual. But then the story really got going and my goodness was it ever awesome!
I loved how the book had alot of different perspectives. At some point it would be in Elena's point of view, sometimes Damon's, Bonnie's... it kept it interesting :p Personally my favorite was Damon's point of view because I just love how to everyone around him, he seems so cold and heartless and uncaring yet he's actually so sweet and full of love! And only Elena can truly see him... although in this book, Bonnie also sort of moved in which, honestly, kind of irritated me :p I really want Elena to end up with Damon, so when Damon started caring about Bonnie, I was like "NO WAY!!" So we'll see what happens in the continuation of the series....
The ending of this book could make a priest swear and cry at the same time! I'm totally not joking! It is the absolute best and worst way ever to end the book! It is the very definition of cliff hanger! :D I was literally bawling and then shrieking in happines... when a book can do that to you, you know it's absolutely amazing!
So, The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Midnight should be on not only your to-read list, but your to-buy list :D

1 comment:

  1. The book started out good and then dragged pretty much right through until the end. I am not a big Stefan fan because I find him just so dull, but I thought he didn't get a fair shake in this book, instead of forcing Bonnie (obviously the authors pet) into the majority of the story I would have loved to have seen Damon and Stefan show some brotherly growth.

    ReplyDelete