Sunday, 25 September 2011

Forever Review

Summary: The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater.
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Rating: ♥♥♥♥
Cover: 3/5 Cool cover, however I just think that if you knew nothing about the series and saw this in a bookstore, it wouldn't the most exciting thing to pick up.

Review: Oh man where to start :p Lol well first of all, I'm really  sad that this is the final book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series and I both loved and hated the ending. I found that it didn't tie it up very nicely... it left way too many questions. Now, whether or not Maggie did this because she's planning to come back to it in the future or if she just wanted to keep you guessing, I dont know :p Personally, I hope it's the former :D

Besides that, I loved this book just as much if not more than Shiver and Linger. Without spoiling anything, the ending actually made me cry until I knew what actually happened :p And i don't cry easily so I love it when authors are able to evoke that kind of emotion in people.

I also loved all the new characters, and the growth and developments of old characters. You see more of Grace's parents, especially her mother. And also the police officer, Koenig, plays a role as well! The chemistry between Cole and Isabel heated up, which was awesome because I love them as a couple!! :D They're both messed up in different ways that just makes them perfect for each other! Also, of course, Sam and Grace. Believe it or not, when I first read Shiver, I actually wasn't really sure if I liked them together... they were both just too similar and nice that I wasn't sure their would be any excitement besides the fact that Sam was a wolf :p But Linger and Forever have made me a fan :p It was really interesting to see how they would get through the fact that Sam was "cured" and Grace was now the wolf but it was really cool how they worked through it :p

Overall, great characters, great plot, loved the action!! Just a great book all around. I will sincerely miss the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.

No comments:

Post a Comment