Thursday, 25 August 2011

Chasing Brooklyn Review

Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Cover: 4/5 Awseome cover. Love how it works for the story.

Review: You know how sometimes, it takes awhile for you to really get into a book? And yet sometimes, that first page grabs something in your book loveing heart and makes you just want to finish the whole thing in a second, but also want it to last forever? Well Chasing Brooklyn was definitely the latter. I absolutely loved it. From the very first page, I was hooked. It was scary, exciting, full of life and death, and it worked through real life struggles. It was just a great book to read all around. I also loved that Ava and Jackson (main characters from I Heart You, You Haunt Me) were in the story briefly. I thought that was really cool and it worked well with the story's pregression.

Overall, this book was amazing, from the title to the very last page. I felt like I was missing something whenever I put it down and now that I'm finished, I'm kind of disappointed its over. But I loved the ending and the choices that  Brooklyn and Nico ended up making, so I think I'll survive. :p Definitely a good book to read if you like verse novels, and stories about real life with a touch of paranormal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower, you have a cute blog. I am hosting my first few giveaways soon so please check em out :) Posted ur button too.
    I had a ?? about this book, is it part 2 of a series or do characters from another book make a pit stop? I'd like to read it, it looks good.
    I also have Demon Hunters Daughter & was wondering if you liked it. It looks good to me. I am trying to figure out my ever growing, never shrinking, TBR pile..lol..
    See ya around the blogs..Have a gr8 day :)
    VAMPYRE GURLS BOOK CLUB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey! i'll def check it out! :p
    this is a stand alone novel, with a pit stop from characters of another book :p (I Heart You, You Haunt Me) but Chasing Brooklyn happens after IHY,YHM...so if u plan on reading both, read that first and then this :p

    and i havent read Demon Hunters Daughter yet, but I hope to soon! will post review when im done :)

    ReplyDelete